Web Site Terms and Conditions for Furrow and Homestead-related Materials
This is a contract between You, the end user (either an individual, or a legal entity that you have authority to bind such as a corporation), and Deere & Company and its Affiliates (“Deere”), by accessing or using this website and its associated Content (“Site”), You are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, immediately stop using and accessing this Site.
1. “Content” or “Materials” means any software, interactive media, images, graphics, photographs, animation, video, audio, music, documents, and text associated with this Site or included in any material accompanying the Site. All Content on this Site is owned by Deere, its Affiliates and/or its suppliers and is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions. The copying of the Content, any portion of the Content, or any of the printed publications associated with the Content is strictly prohibited by such laws and treaty provisions. All Content on this Site is protected by copyright to the full extent of applicable law, even if the Content is not marked with a copyright notice. “Affiliate” means any business entity that is controlled by Deere.
2. Deere’s green and yellow color scheme, the leaping deer symbol, and John Deere are trademarks of Deere . No license or permission is granted to use such Deere marks, or any mark, symbol or logo that is confusingly similar to the Deere marks .
3. You may only use the Site for personal and non-commercial purposes in compliance with these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws. In accordance with the terms and conditions of this agreement, You, as an individual, are permitted to view the Content on this Site on a computer, smartphone or other electronic device with a web browser, solely for your personal information and non-commercial purposes, provided that you do not remove, obscure or modify any copyright notice on any Content and provided that the Content is not modified. However, authorized dealers of Deere or its Affiliatescan request additional access to Content under a separate written license agreement between the authorized dealer and Deere. Except as set forth herein, you agree not to copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any materials without the prior written consent of the owner of such materials. All rights not granted under these Terms and Conditions are reserved by Deere.
4. Without the express written permission from Deere, you may not link to, or retransmit any files from this Site, or any modified versions thereof. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Content or circumvent security features on this Site to copy or cause to be copied any Content.
5. You may not create a mirror version of this Web site. Except as expressly provided herein, the transmission of this Web site material shall not be construed to grant a license of any type under any patents, copyright, or trademarks owned or controlled by Deere, its Affiliates and/or its suppliers. Deere in its sole discretion may restrict the site to selected users.
6. You may send to Deere comments, questions, suggestions or ideas relating to this Web site. If you do, you agree that such information sent to Deere is not given in confidence, that Deere is not obligated to keep such information secret and that Deere is not obligated to respond. Deere shall be free to use the information you send to Deere in any manner, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products based on such information. Deere may also reproduce, disclose and distribute the information in your communication to others without limitation.
8. This Web site has been established primarily for the benefit and use of Deere , authorized Deere dealers, merchants, customers and potential customers. Not all products or services referred to may be available, and Deere may change the products or services described by this Site at any time. This Site may include inaccuracies, and the information in this Site may be changed periodically. Check with your local John Deere dealer to verify any product-related information found in this Site.
9. THE CONTENT AND MATERIAL ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Deere , its Affiliates, and/or its suppliers shall have no responsibility for errors or omissions in this Site. Deere does not warrant that functions contained on this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server is free of viruses or other harmful components.
10. This Web site may contain links to non-Deere sites. These links are provided to you only as a convenience. Such linked sites are not under the control of Deere and Deere is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Deere of the site, and Deere shall have no responsibility for information which is referenced by or linked to this Site or any liability arising from use, reliance or access of such third party sites.
We may also integrate with third parties who will interact with you under their terms of service. One such third party is YouTube and by using the Sites or Services, you agree to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Service located here.
11. Deere does not authorize the downloading of any Content from this Site, except to authorized Deere dealers under a separate written agreement. However, to the extent that any material downloaded, uploaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Site or software is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or business or loss of data that results from the download or upload of any such material or the use of our site or our software.
12. Deere may terminate your access to the Site at any time and for any reason. Deere is under no obligation to screen or monitor User Content, but may review User Content from time to time at its sole discretion to review compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Deere will make all determinations as to what User Content is appropriate in its sole discretion. Deere may include, edit or remove any User Content at any time without notice.
13. Some Content may be made available via internet, social media (e.g. Facebook) or by third parties not within our control. In our sole and exclusive discretion, it is our policy not to permit materials known or suspected by us to infringe another party’s copyright to remain on the Site, or other Deere services. If you believe any materials on the Site, or other Deere services infringe a copyright, you should provide us with written notice (which, in the United States must be in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)) that at a minimum contains:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
All copyright infringement notices should be sent to our designated agent as follows:
Deere & Company
Attn: Compliance Department, DMCA Manager
One John Deere Place Moline, IL 61265
It is our policy to terminate relationships regarding content with parties who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others.
14. General Provisions.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the sole and entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. Notwithstanding any language to the contrary, these Terms and Conditions shall supersede and control over any other general privacy statements between Deere (or its constituent members) and you regarding Content and the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions, where such general privacy statements shall remain in full force and effect for all other purposes and transactions between the parties that do not specifically relate to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions are invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of these Terms and Conditions or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
These Terms and Conditions are binding on and shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors, heirs and assigns.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change by Deere at any time, effective when posted on the Site. Your continued use after such notice will constitute acceptance by you of such changes.
All matters arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the state and federal laws applicable in the State of New York without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (of New York or any other jurisdiction). Any copyright matters shall be handled according to the Copyright Law of the United States. Any claim or cause of action arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be brought only in the federal and state courts located in New York County, New York, and the parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on December 5, 2015.